General Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Hunting Safaris
All prices for hunting packages and tailor made hunting safaris are quoted in US dollars.
- Hunting Safaris are confirmed upon receipt of a 20% deposit of the day fees applicable for the safari.
- The deposit secures the dates and the price for the safari as quoted by us.
The balance of the amount for the day fees are payable in full 90 days prior to the commencement of your safari.
Method of Payment for day fees
- Deposits and the balance of the day fees can be paid via direct bank transfers, wire transfers and credit card.
- Contact us for bank/wire transfer details.
- Contact us for Pay Pal details.
- We charge no surcharges for credit card payments but we do give a 2.5 % discount for payments made via direct transfers into our account, as credit card costs are expensive in Africa.
Payments for Animals/Trophies taken during the hunt
- Trophy fees for animals taken during the hunt is payable upon completion of the safari before departure.
- Only trophies taken or wounded are charged for.
- Any game wounded and not found will be charged for at the full trophy cost.
Method of Payment for Trophy/Animals taken as well as extras incurred during the hunting safari
- Payments for game taken during the hunt can be paid directly to the outfitter by credit card (Visa and Master), Traveller’s check, direct bank transfers or cash in USD upon completion of the safari.
- Personal checks will not be accepted as trophy payments in Africa.
- When using traveller’s checks contact your bank in advance and order larger denominations like USD 1000 as well as smaller denominations like, 100, 50 and 20 dollar travellers’ checks.
- For currency conversions an in-house currency converter on the day of payment will be used.
Are prices guaranteed?
Genesis retains the right to change published safari rates and airfare rates and supplements without prior notice.
Once the booking has been confirmed and the deposit paid in full the safari rates will not change, the guests will still be liable for any taxes, surcharges and fees applicable that has been levied by governmental agencies.
Payment for flights booked
Domestic flights within South Africa and to neighbouring countries within the Southern African sub-continent can be booked for you if you should so require. We will however require that you pay all flights booked for you in full upon confirmation of your booking, in addition to your 20% deposit for your day fees.
- Deposits for hunts cancelled within a 180 days are non-refundable.
- All flights booked through us are non-refundable.
- If you cancel your hunt 180 days prior to the date of arrival we will refund your deposit less a 25% handling fee and total costs for domestic flights booked by us if any.
- No refunds will be paid if you do not show up for your safari or if you cancel or interrupt your safari once it has commenced.
- We recommend trip cancelation insurance as well as medical insurance for the duration of your safari.
- If you pay by credit card we suggest you contact your bank and inquire about their trip cancelation, medical and travel insurance prior to purchasing additional insurance.
- Genesis African Safaris shall not be liable for any damage, losses and expenses suffered by any client as a result of sickness, weather, quarantine regulations, political unrest including strikes, war or any other actions beyond our control.
- Genesis African Safaris accepts no liability in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to person or property arising out of any act, omission or negligence on behalf of the client or hunting outfitters booked through us.
- Upon booking with Genesis African Safaris the client agrees to waive all right or claims he/she might have under which the client may be entitled to under the provisions of the law of the Republic of South Africa for any loss or damage to person or property.
- Genesis African Safaris will not be liable for any loss or expenses arising from the loss of property, cancellation or curtailment of the hunting to the extent that such loss of baggage, cancellation or curtailment can be proved that it was caused through our negligence.
- All prices on the website and quoted by us are current, they are however subject to change without prior notice unless the booking has been confirmed and a deposit has been received.
- Genesis cannot be held responsible for hunting time lost due mechanical difficulties or due to bad weather conditions.
- Availability of hunt able species in each area cannot be guaranteed as available animals are determined by the quota allocated to each area as well as the quota still available for each area.
- All clients must ensure that they are physically and medically fit enough to be able to travel and must ensure that their physical or medical condition will not pose a danger to themselves and others during their safari.
- Clients will refrain from having unlawful articles or substances in their possession while on safari in Africa.
- The hunting outfitter has the right to immediately exclude Clients and observers who do not adhere to the laws and regulations of the counties visited from the hunting party. The guilty parties will be entirely responsible for their own repatriation and all costs incurred.
- Genesis African Safaris will under no circumstances assist any such offenders in any dealings or negotiations with authorities.
- In all matters where it is or may be necessary to have recourse to the court the prevailing laws of the Republic of South Africa and the courts of the Republic of South Africa will have the sole jurisdiction in such matters. No court of any other country whatsoever shall be accepted as having any jurisdiction in such matters and the laws of South Africa shall prevail.
- Hunting is a dangerous sport and Genesis African Safaris cannot be held liable for any death or injuries to clients and observers during their Safari. Upon booking a Safari through Genesis African Safaris the client will accept and adhere to these terms and conditions.
- Clients are responsible for making sure they have taken all the relevant inoculations and anti-malaria precautions prior to their trip.
- Clients are responsible for making sure that all their travel documents visas and passports are valid and up to date.
- Clients will responsible for making sure that all their documentation regarding firearms if they bring their own are legal and valid.
- We cannot be held responsible for delays emanating from problems with firearms importation. Please contact us for more information and assistance in this regards as we can direct you to the right people to assist you prior to your trip.
Daily Rates Include:
- The services of a licensed professional hunter, game vehicle, trackers and skinners for the duration of the Safari Hunting portion of the trip.
- Accommodation serviced by staff.
- 3x Meals a day
- Daily laundry service while at hunting camp only. Laundry services will be excluded elsewhere unless specified otherwise.
- Bottled water in the hunting vehicle.
- Airport road transfers to and from regional airports close to the hunting area.
Daily Rates Exclude:
- International and domestic flights and airfare.
- Charter flights between airports and hunting areas.
- Trophy fees of animals killed or wounded during the safari by the client.
- Drinks in camp.
- Tips and gratuities for staff.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Taxidermy fees.
- Shipping of hides, horns and mounts.
- Shipping and insurance of trophies.
- Rental of rifles and ammunition. There are rifles and ammunition available for rental if you do not want to bring your own, inquire with us for more details.
- Fuel surcharges and taxes.
- Bird hunting and Cities species require licences or permits to be legal to hunt, this is not included in the day fees and are for the clients own account.